• What the addition of a fourth top-of-page ad on mobile search results means for Google growth.
• How Facebook ad growth is trending ahead of the planned sunset of FBX.
• The impact that search ads on Google Maps are having for brick and mortar retailers.
• How organic search visits from phones are beginning to rebound after two quarterly declines.
• Whether promising early results for Google Expanded Text Ads have held up.
• Why clicks from Google PLAs are growing nearly six times faster than text ads.
This nozzle uses 98% less water than a regular tap
October 25th, 2016
The Altered: Nozzle breaks up water into millions of tiny droplets. This means that it reaches a bigger surface area than conventional taps.
This is What Happens When You Rip Off a Designer
October 24th, 2016
Milton Glaser + Mirko Ilic speak out on their stolen work
“Sometimes life is tough—all designers want to be influential and see how their work influences others. What is problematic is when influence becomes mindless copying that misunderstands the original intention.”
“By and large, the human species survives by duplicating the success of others. You may not be happy when your ideas are stolen, but sometimes it’s inevitable.”
AT&T Has Reached a Deal to Acquire Time Warner. Now What?
October 22nd, 2016
“The driving force,” said Bewkes, “is not cost savings it’s growth opportunity.”
The new behemoth will combine Time Warner’s hefty film and TV properties (including Warner Bros., HBO, TNT, TBS and CNN) and AT&T’s robust broadband (U-Verse), wireless (AT&T) and satellite (DirecTV) offerings.
The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant
September 30th, 2016
How do creative people come up with great ideas? Organizational psychologist Adam Grant studies “originals”: thinkers who dream up new ideas and take action to put them into the world. In this talk, learn three unexpected habits of originals — including embracing failure. “The greatest originals are the ones who fail the most, because they’re the ones who try the most,” Grant says. “You need a lot of bad ideas in order to get a few good ones.”